Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm so excited!!

Matt and I recently went on a date and discussed our future.  Matt is taking classes in the evenings, and planning on going to nursing school next spring 2012 or fall 2012.  We are currently living near Buffalo, NY; but are planning to move back to MI after the school year is over.  We will miss many people and things about this area, but we are moving for a career change, financial reasons, to be closer to family, and some other positive reasons for us to live in MI rather than NY.  We are homeschooling.  The children are 7, 5, 3, 1, and we are expecting #5 in the fall.  So, lots of stuff going on! 

Ever since we found out about Elijah's hemophilia, I've been researching and talking to other moms about hemophilia and childbirth.  I started a blog called Bubble Wrapped Birth.  I also have a facebook page:  Bubble Wrapped Birth: How to Safely Birth a Hemophiliac.  It is amazing to learn from other moms, and share research and information on gentle birthing.  I plan to write a book, compiling all the information I've gathered, and sharing my own thoughts on the matter just in a mom-to-mom way.  Also, I really hope to be a midwife someday.  I would name my midwifery service "Bubble Wrapped Birth", work on getting lisenced to work in a hospital so I could do home or hospital births, and specialize in special needs cases such as hemophilia. 

Matt is so excited about this too.  He wants to end up working with the hemophilia community as an RN, educating healthcare professionals and patients about the different aspects of hemophilia.  The two of us would be quite a team!  The future looks bright for the Reeves family!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    I'm home schooling as well, I was wondering if you have any tips for teaching with little ones under foot. My 4 year old goes to an outside preschool 4 days a week for 3.5 hours but when he's home it can be incredibly difficult for the older children to get work done. I totally understand the move thing, we moved back in 2007 from WA to CA. We miss WA but CA met the needs of our family with hemophilia. Great blog!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a tip! I have a hard time being consistent, and am learning as we go. I try to make it fun, and adjust the material to fit my child (ie: make sure it is challenging him, not too old for him, etc.)

    ReplyDelete